Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cool Cucumber Water




Got this idea from my recent cruise vacation. I stopped into the spa to check out the sauna. Outside the sauna, there were complimentary water jugs filled with lemon water and cucumber water. I thought to myself, what a creative way to use cucumber. Just drink it! It is astoundingly refreshing. Great for when you come back into the house from the hot heat outside.

 The process is so simple and all you need is:
1. Water
2. A Pitcher (preferably with a lid) 
3. 1 Cucumber


The Procedure
1. Peel the cucumber lengthwise leaving some of the skin on. I alternate the peels so that the cucumber has a stripe pattern.
2. Cut the cucumber into slices and place into the pitcher
3. Fill the pitcher with water and place into the fridge so that the cucumber flavors fuse directly into the water. I prefer to leave the pitcher overnight, but if you are in a hurry- a few hours should do just fine. 

Enjoy! As you can see its as easy as 1, 2, 3.  The cucumbers look beautiful floating in the water. Very refreshing and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment